Mayonaise is the secret in this tasty, moist chicken dish.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1/2 cup for broiled topping
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 pounds chicken
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons each of thyme and tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, herbs, butter, mayonnaise, mushrooms, green onions, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Place the chicken into the parmesan mixture. Arrange the chicken in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake chicken 45 minutes in the prepared oven . Top with 1/2 cup with the Parmesan cheese, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly brown.